I am confident, trustworthy, hard working, well organised and meticulous as well as self-motivated and target oriented. I am a fast learner who always strives to deliver above and beyond expectation and have the capability to take on knowledge and retain it. Apart from that, I am also able to communicate in a clear and concise way, work to tight deadlines and I am open for new challenges. I look forward with working on projects that will not only refine the skills that I currently have but also give me the opportunity to develop new one, acquire new knowledge and implement them in the working process of the company.
I am a translator for the English - Slovenian and Slovenian - English combination. I have plenty of experience with texts from various fields; I prefer general texts but I also translate more technical and specific texts.
Throughout my career, I have translated different types of texts:
- Translation of business correspondence from English/German into Slovene and from Slovene into English/German
- Translation of subtitles for different television shows/films from English into Slovene
- Translation of various technical and legal documents (instruction manuals for home appliances, agricultural machinery and physiotherapy equipment, contracts, forms, certificates) from English/German into Slovene and from Slovene into English/German
- Translation of various fashion, home and sports products (clothing, footwear, accessories, cosmetics, kitchen utensils, bedding etc.) from English into Slovene
- Translation of various cosmetics texts (marketing, products, professional magazine) from English/German into Slovene
- Translation of websites for various companies from Slovene into English/German
- Translation of various medical texts from English/German into Slovene
Medical doctor, translating since 2010 (all types of medical texts and various other topics). Fluent in English, French, and German, and well-versed in Croatian. My native language is Slovene. Computer savvy: In my translation work, I use various text, data analysis, and design applications.
I am a Slovenian translator with an excellent command of English and Italian and considerable experience in translating and proofreading as a freelancer, particularly in the following fields: marketing, tourism, fashion, health and lifestyle, education, general legal texts (contracts, regulations).
I was born and raised in Slovenia, where I started learning foreign languages at a very young age. I quickly developed a passion for multiculturalism and cultural competence, and learning and using foreign languages soon became my everyday life. I obtained my undergraduate degree at the University of Ljubljana, with a concentration in International Relations. My studies included a year of study abroad at the University of Copenhagen. My academic success was recognized with the prestigious Prešeren Award by the University of Ljubljana. This is the highest distinction to be given to a student in the field of art and science. The knowledge I gained during my Bachelors Degree created awareness within me of making a bigger difference with my life. I started my advanced academic journey in Chicago, where I earned the Masters of Science in International Public Service.
In addition to living in both rural and urban settings, poverty-stricken and rich neighborhoods on three different continent
Highly motivated team player and confident independent contributor.
I provide effective, responsible, timely assistance with flexible, focused and positive approach to my tasks. I am capable to learn and comprehend new systems and work methods quickly.
*** Translation ***
Translation and Localization - 11+ yrs of experience.
- Software translation & localization ENG-CRO/SLO-ENG
- Manuals translation & localization ENG-CRO/SLO-ENG
- Telecommunications translations ENG-CRO/SLO-ENG
- IT localization translator ENG-CRO/SLO-ENG
- EU documents translation ENG-CRO/SLO-ENG
- Music web page translation and localization ENG-SLO
- Web page localization ENG-CRO
- Translator manager for Amazon listings
Highly fluent in English
Working knowledge of Italian, French, Spanish, German
- Macintosh and Microsoft Windows system user.
- Knowledge and experience in using all integrated applications including MS Office, Email, Internet applications.
- Excellent working knowledge of applications such as Trados 2011,
MemoQ, IBM TM, Audacity, ExpressScribe, Camtasia Studio,Wordpress, Magento, Amazon.
- Advanced technical skills related to telecommunications and
connectivity (mobiles-PCs), hardware and software compatibility
and usability, troubleshooting etc.
Able and willing to learn and comprehend new systems and methods quickly.
I am a rounded individual with various fields of interest, which makes me suitable for many different kinds of projects as I am able to conduct my own research and guarantee accuracy of any project I partake in.
Teacher of German and English – private courses, translator, proofreader – Freelancer (from 2014 on)
Teacher of German and English at the School Centre Šolski center Celje (1991-2014)
Teacher of German and English at the School of Management SUAŠ, Ljubljana (1989-1991)
Tutoring pre-school children (1985-1989)
Evening classes for adults at University Extention LU Cene Štupar, Ljubljana (1984-1985)
Receptionist in Marina, THP Casino, Portorož (1981)