I am a translator for the English - Slovenian and Slovenian - English combination. I have plenty of experience with texts from various fields; I prefer general texts but I also translate more technical and specific texts.
I am confident, trustworthy, hard working, well organised and meticulous as well as self-motivated and target oriented. I am a fast learner who always strives to deliver above and beyond expectation and have the capability to take on knowledge and retain it. Apart from that, I am also able to communicate in a clear and concise way, work to tight deadlines and I am open for new challenges. I look forward with working on projects that will not only refine the skills that I currently have but also give me the opportunity to develop new one, acquire new knowledge and implement them in the working process of the company.
My name is Aleksandra Urbas, I am a translator, an entrepreneur, an author and a project manager. I aspire for new knowledge in life, I am always interested in new opportunities and new contacts.
My husband and I have a family business, I am working mostly in the field of project and sales management and translation.
My language combinations are: RUS — SLO, SLO — RUS, ENG — RUS, RUS — ENG, SLO — ENG, ENG — SLO.
My work experience will speak for itself, but I am always looking for new knowledge, that is why I am educating myself frequently.
I am very interested in international work and business connections.
Throughout my career, I have translated different types of texts:
- Translation of business correspondence from English/German into Slovene and from Slovene into English/German
- Translation of subtitles for different television shows/films from English into Slovene
- Translation of various technical and legal documents (instruction manuals for home appliances, agricultural machinery and physiotherapy equipment, contracts, forms, certificates) from English/German into Slovene and from Slovene into English/German
- Translation of various fashion, home and sports products (clothing, footwear, accessories, cosmetics, kitchen utensils, bedding etc.) from English into Slovene
- Translation of various cosmetics texts (marketing, products, professional magazine) from English/German into Slovene
- Translation of websites for various companies from Slovene into English/German
- Translation of various medical texts from English/German into Slovene
Medical doctor, translating since 2010 (all types of medical texts and various other topics). Fluent in English, French, and German, and well-versed in Croatian. My native language is Slovene. Computer savvy: In my translation work, I use various text, data analysis, and design applications.
I am a Slovenian translator with an excellent command of English and Italian and considerable experience in translating and proofreading as a freelancer, particularly in the following fields: marketing, tourism, fashion, health and lifestyle, education, general legal texts (contracts, regulations).